Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Inspiration Post : the Studio K



I'm not sure how clear I've made it that Korean culture and fashion absolutely amaze and inspire me. S. Korea as a nation itself is really rising and making a mark for itself in the fashion world. the Studio K really left a deep impression on me with their F/W Collection.

Straight from the website the concept of this collection is:

"Reinterpretation of shape by Divided, Repeated, Mirrored

Studio K 2013 F/W collection was created with the inspiration from 
Gerhard Richter's art work, "Divided, Repeated, Mirrored"


Using the mirrored and repeated patterns and divided shapes,
2013 F/W collection of the Studio K shows
“structured modernism” with its own design."
And the style is:
"Dividing, repeating and mirroring of the shape were used to create
new structure and patterns.
 Various materials including wool, leather, fur and knit 
were used to support the structural designs.
 Mono tone colors such as Black, Navy, Grey and Khaki were mainly used with 
purple and silver as accent color to express modern image." 

I think I'm really loving this collection because of the monotone colours but it also brings out a recent trend that I am seeing, blue. Whether it is an accent piece or within the pattern blue seems to be making an entrance into the fashion world this upcoming fall/winter. So I would really check out this collection in your spare time. 



So above is a clip from one of my favourite Korean fashion shows to watch called "Style Log" and this just briefly captures how the celebs are dressing and what sort of trends are currently floating around in South Korea. You don't really need to understand to get a grasp what's going on.The only group I really wasn't feeling their outfits were SHINee...the colourful plaid was simply a disaster in my head. For me f(x) won with their black and white attire. 

Koreans ultimately inspire me because of their rich culture, their strong history and their language.
I can really tell that South Koreans live to....

Make Fashion Fun!!
-Dominique xx

P.S. I actually love love this concept. And also naturally this would be a wednesday post on worldwide beauty but I decided to keep it simple and let you know what inspires me.

Toodles xo

5 comments:

  1. Interesting cutting and volume.. amazing collections !

    Chic Swank

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hardness and structure of the look.


    Xo!
    L
    blogablebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post!!
    xx
    http://outfitandabit.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love Korean design as well! They do modern so well!

    www.closetvoyage.com

    ReplyDelete

Some Popular Posts You Can Also Check Out! xx