Thursday, July 25, 2013

Throwin' Thursdays: That's so gangster...

Instagram: @chanlmarshl

I decided to mix Thursdays up instead of always doing throwbacks, I named this "Throwin' Thursdays" because based on an outfit I see somewhere I will throw together something similar. 
In the picture above is one of my really good friends Chanelle, her sense of fashion is actual phenomenal I absolutely love it, a huge inspiration to me.

This outfit is so simple yet so stylish and I guess "hipster". I only know where one item came from and that's the graphic tee from Brandy Melville. So I am so sorry that I cannot go into as much detail as I would like. 

Top: So on top there is a lot of careful layering. We have the graphic crop tee, a black zip up hoodie and denim vest. This kind of layering makes the outfit fun, comfy yet stylish.

Bottom: I love that she only let a little bit of skin show between the top and pants by wearing high waist jean pants. The cuff at the bottom also completes the look. 

Accessories: From the toque to the gold chain to the headphones, all of Chanelle's accessories are on point and strategically placed. I just love it!

So below here is my little sketch of a similar starting point. 


So here I decided to use the same shirt just in black...honestly I wanted to keep the outfit a little darker than her's just as a nice contrast.


And because of the reason above the I decided to keep the denim skirt darker.


I think it's also very essential to have a gold chain. It helps make the look even more gangster. For me since I am into very classy and formal fashion, over the skirt I would wear a loose fit black blazer and pointed flats. Also note high waist shorts can look really nice with this shirt too...I basically always encourage if you are wearing a crop top, something with a high waist is encouraged. Show that little skin inbetween makes the outfit more mysterious.  

All in all fashion is what you make it, as long as you make it. This is one of my favourite graphic tees from Brandy Melville so I just had to put it in my throw together outfit. Tell me how you would wear it! And remember....

Make Fashion Fun!!

-Dominique xx

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful look!!! would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool post. :D

    I'm inviting you to the giveaway on my blog -

    http://oliveneedspopeye.blogspot.com/2013/07/first-giveaway-firmoocom.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I will for sure check it out ^ ^

      Delete
  3. xoxo lovely shirt :)
    Do you want to follow each other? Let me know :)

    http://victoria-coeurdor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool outfit, love the tee :) Liked your blog, so I'm now following u via GFC and Bloglovin, if you want u could follow me back so we can keep in touch <3



    xx,
    thefashiondreamcatcher.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha i loveeeeee your top!! such a cool look :D thanks so much for your sweet comment and for following! im following your wonderful blog too :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look! awesome!

    http://jointyicroissanty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Some Popular Posts You Can Also Check Out! xx