Friday, May 17, 2013

Monochrome it Up! The Haul


Even though it's spring I'm not feeling the bright colours and quite frankly it appears to be that way with many people I have talked with. It's all about the neutral colours. Most people think with neutral colours you blend in with the rest but that's not true. Along with my haul, we will learn some tips when trying to follow the monochrome trend. 


One of the first items I purchased on this little haul was a army colour green dress with faux leather on the shoulder part. Absolutely love this piece. You can pair it with leggings, tights, black jeans or just wear it alone. Simple yet stylish.
When I first saw this blazer I knew I had to get it. I'm not entirely sure if you can notice but the front is higher than the back. Plus the floral lining adds the right amount of color without going overboard. Light enough to wear in the spring so I'm glad I added this piece to my closet.
No matter how hard I tried the camera just would no fully capture this shirt. I had wanted the white one but when I tried it on something looked off so I settled for black. This is just a simple blouse from Target. Target keep proving to be awesome each time I go there. 
Normally I 100% hate Costa Blanca...that's one store I walk around in just to waste time...cuz I can never justify the price for their quality. With that being said when I saw this vest instantly knew I had to buy it ...especially at the low price it was going for. The top part also has some faux leather which is a nice addition to it.

In love with this sleeveless off white blouse. Especially the back. It has a nice length to it and with the open slit back. Words actually cannot describe how much I love this. This is also the most expensive item I bought in this haul but the quality makes up for the price completely. 

I also bought this lace off white blouse from H&M one size bigger than mine just because I like a loser fit, it brings more elegance to the piece especially with lace. I plan to tuck this in and wear it with a black maxi skirt.
The cut out and the studs...are pretty much the reason why I purchased this piece. Plus it's absolutely stunning. Because it is neutral I am able to pair it with so many different bottoms. I'm pretty excited. 

I also purchased a white chiffon tank that is slightly higher in front and the tailorship on this piece is just simple but makes a statement. I could not pass this one by.

This totally see-through chiffon maxi skirt is literally something I have been looking for, for a century it feels like. What I like a about this one is the long split on the front....it gives it this feminine feel. 

With that concludes my haul. Now for some words on how to make neutrals stand out. It's about picking the right items and/or contrasting. Choose items that are either trendy or classic meaning they will last for many more fashion seasons. Don't be too basic with your looks...it will not help in trying to stand out. Also from time to time mix it up wear black and white, black and nude, white and the khaki green, black and the khaki green etc etc. Fashion is meant to be fun so always try to mix it up.

For the time being I am truly a fan of these basic colours and I'm not sure if I will be leaving them anytime soon. 

I hope that all my readers remember to...

Make Fashion Fun!

-Dominique <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some Popular Posts You Can Also Check Out! xx